Nexo is a leading digital asset company best known for providing the world’s first instant crypto credit lines. Prior to catching the blockchain bug in early 2013, Trenchev studied finance law at King’s College London and Humboldt University of Berlin. After college, he worked in the hedge fund industry before turning his attention to financial technology, becoming the chief innovations officer at Credissimo, a European fintech group specializing in online consumer lending that was an early backer of the Nexo enterprise.
As a member of Bulgaria’s parliament, Trenchev advocated for progressive legislation to enable blockchain solutions for a variety of e-government services, most notably e-voting and the storage of databases in a distributed ledger.
In the interview we discuss:
- How Trenchev got started in crypto
- Why Nexo’s management team operates out of London
- Nexo’s notable achievements and product roadmap
- Why and how Nexo offers insurance on user funds
- How Nexo is working to prevent a similar loss-of-user-funds incident as the one that happened at Cred
- Biggest challenges of building a crypto lending platform
- What blockchain developments Trenchev is most excited about
- Trenchev’s crypto predictions for 2021 and beyond
- Biggest obstacles for mainstream adoption
- Differences between the 2017 and 2020 Bitcoin bull run
- Trenchev’s most controversial opinion relating to blockchain
Disclaimer: Nexo is an advertising partner for CryptoSlate but this is not a sponsored post.